Content of the Perl6 talk

Conrad Schneiker schneik at austin.ibm.com
Wed Aug 2 18:05:31 EDT 2000

Hi,

Cameron Laird wrote:

> In article <16E8935DE8C35BF0.1E652ED229DA405D.479F9E5D07D36E5F at lp.airnews.net>,
> I expostulated:
> ><URL:http://deja.com/=dnc/getdoc.xp?AN=651665267> is the most pro-
> >vocative summary I've yet seen of Larry Wall's talk at the O'Reilly
> >Open Source Convention.  Mark-Jason Dominus's typically masterful
> ><URL:http://www.perl.com/pub/2000/07/perl6.html> provides technical
> >details.  I think at least the first of these will reward a quick
> >read by everyone involved in planning the futures of, for example,
> >Python and Tcl.  I applaud Conrad Schneiker for his care in prepar-
> >ing this.
>                         .
>                         .
>                         .
> Timbot points out in <URL:http://deja.com/=dnc/getdoc.xp?AN=652003755>,
> posted only for comp.lang.python, that Mr. Schneiker's piece "appears
> to be taken verbatim from Adam Turoff's excellent p5p mtg notes, at:
>
>           http://www.perl.org/perl6/pr/initial_meeting.html"
>
> Thanks to Tim for his scholarly diligence.

People seem to be unaware of the original context of my post. Following my informal
convention for posting news of the outside word to comp.lang.ruby, the URL _was_
the citation for the usual excerpts that followed.  All _my_ subsequent remarks
were clearly distinguished by square brackets [just like this].

Of course, now that I anticipate that such things may be occasionally reposted in
the future, I will be more explicit about this.

As it turns out, I should have cited http://www.perl.com/pub instead of the other
URL; I thought these were mutually accessible, and I didn't realize until I checked
back today that they weren't. Sorry for the confusion.

In any case, if you want to identify all the authors the previous excerpts, you
should also give credit to brian d foy and Mark-Jason Dominus and Larry Wall as
well.

--
Conrad Schneiker