CGI on Windows 2000 Server IIS 5.0

Mark Hammond MarkH at ActiveState.com
Fri Aug 4 21:47:26 EDT 2000

"Paul Goodyear" <paul at gudge.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
news:tlxi5.9087$7F2.876505 at news3.cableinet.net...

> All I have to do is include 'import cgi' in the .py script file and
I get an
> error::

> Traceback (most recent call last): File
> "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\cgi-bin\renderguestbook.py", line 5, in ? import
cgi
> File "c:\python\lib\cgi.py", line 25, in ? the Python script. It
also
> provides a number of utilities that help AttributeError: parse

This looks very strange to me.  First, the error message you have
copied is clearly screwed - the "in ? the Python script" is not
something Python would spit out.

Further, line 25 of cgi.py, on my machine at least, is in the
docstrings - ie, there is no code anywhere near that line.  Finally,
it appears the problem is "AttributeError: parse", but "parse" does
not appear as an attribute name in cgi.py at all.

The best resource for CGI that I know is
http://starship.python.net/crew/aaron_watters/ - see if that helps...

Mark.