caputering IO in python

Curtis Jensen cjensen at bioeng.ucsd.edu
Thu Aug 24 15:10:09 EDT 2000

David Bolen wrote:

> Curtis Jensen <cjensen at bioeng.ucsd.edu> writes:
>
> > Thanks.  However, I'm assuming this only works if the module is a python
> > module.  My module is a C module.  Your idea might work if the module is
> > purely C code too; I'm not sure.
>
> Well, it would only work if the C module handled output by sending it
> through the Python sys.stdout object which had been re-assigned.
>
> >                                   However, my C module calls Fortran
> > that does the writes to standard output.  The Fortran output is the
> > output I wish to capture.  Is this possible?
>
> Is this all linked into a single executable/DLL or by "calls Fortran"
> do you mean running a separate executable?

Maybe I should have stated this earlier, but I'm running on IRIX 6.5,
not a windows machine.  I've built a shared object file that has Fortran
objects and a C object in it.  The python calls the C and the C calls
the Fortran.  No seperate executables anywhere.  Thanks.

--
Curtis Jensen
cjensen at bioeng.ucsd.edu
http://www-bioeng.ucsd.edu/~cjensen/