installing idle on Suse Linux 6.4

Richard Chamberlain richard_chamberlain at ntlworld.com
Tue Aug 8 17:07:48 EDT 2000

Hi Brett,

I take it from your installation locations that you didn't use yast to
install. You could try scrapping your installation and then reinstall
using yast. Python and Tkinter are separate options so you'll need them
both. If I remember you'll also need to download idle and put it
somewhere logical.

On your current installation try import Tkinter, if that doesn't work
your installation is screwed in someway.

Richard