what kind of work do you do

Mike Fletcher mfletch at tpresence.com
Tue Aug 22 01:16:37 EDT 2000

Work:
	VRML -- parsing and automated processing to prepare worlds and
avatars for our virtual reality environment(s) (production environments, but
processing is offline from the environments themselves).  Most of this is
just applying my own mcf.vrml libraries to particular problems that come up,
sometimes involves lower-level munging (for example, reading Fortran
datasets describing stars so we can create a (fairly) accurate VRML star
field for certain worlds.)
	VR -- experimental MUTech (multi-user technology) design and
implementation (prototypes).  Effectively try to solve problems that the
production MUTech(s) will face in six months to a year when they get to
implementing the features being tested, and document the solutions (normally
as well-commented Python code).  Some Zope stuff in here when the mood
strikes ;o) .

Play:
	Parsing
	Rendering
	Optimisation of obscure algorithms
	Pontification and general silliness

But mostly I spend my time avoiding the notice of the PSU, skulking in
corners, and generally fomenting rebellion and revolution... or something
like that.

Enjoy,
Mike