EXTREME NOOBIE

skeetor skeetornospam at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 29 20:27:09 EDT 2000

Thanks for the reply.  The level of my comprehension on a subject is
directly proportional to the different ways that subject is explained, lol.
I am very interested in the link below, thinks again.

"Alex Martelli" <alex at magenta.com> wrote in message
news:8og7l50qf2 at news1.newsguy.com...
> "skeetor" <skeetornospam at bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> news:q8Kq5.2021$pJ.32209 at news2.atl...
> > Whats this i hear about a function?  I just downloaded  this Python
thing,
> > and i am going through the online tutorials when I get to the "defining
of
> > function..."  The tutorial is real basic until that part (thats where it
> > starts assuming you know how to program, Doh!)
> >
> > Just wondering  if some kind person can clearly and adequately explain
> this
> > defining of a function thing...
>
> We can try.
>
> Just like you can "give a name" to a certain value, by "binding" that
> name to that value (I'm going to assume you type in stuff at the
> interactive Python interpreter, and to show the prompts it will
> give you as you do so):

actually, i have learned to use "notepad"  in windows to first type in the
program.  But, I follow.

> Hello Skeetor!
> >>>

> so you can "give a name" to a set of actions and/or computations, by
> "defining a function" with that name containing those
actions/computations: