Text UI Curses sample code

Grant Edwards nobody at nowhere.nohow
Sat Aug 5 11:47:46 EDT 2000

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000 20:36:00 +1000, Terry <tjhamilton at one.net.au> wrote:

>I have no experience with a text based UI and would appreciate all the
>advice and sample code I can get.

I recommend the snack module for Unix systems.  AFAIK, it's not
available for other platforms.  Snack uses the newt UI library,
which, in turn, uses the slang screen manipulation library.

Snack is much higher level than curses, providing widgets like
buttons, dialog boxes, tree-lists, text-entry, radio buttons,
etc.  Snack provides built in screen-traversal, so it operates
on a level similar to Tk.  Curses operates at alower level
providing cursor movement and mapping virtial regions of screen
to physical regions of screen.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I was in a HOT
                                  at               TUB! I was NORMAL! I was