Python-1.5.2 cPickle

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Mon Aug 21 19:01:23 EDT 2000

On Mon, Aug 21, 2000 at 05:11:37PM +0100, Robin Becker wrote:

> Is it correct behaviour for 1.5.2 cPickle to cause a fatal error just
> because say copy_reg is not available?

What kind of fatal error ? An exception ? A SystemError ? A Segmentation
Violation ? cPickle needs the 'copy_reg' module; if you don't have it, it
won't work, but it should just raise an ImportError, not do anything bad or
anything. If you want to know why it needs the copy_reg module, try reading
the 'pickle' module (which is written in Python, a *lot* more readable than
C! :-)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>