Recommendations please

Ben Wolfson rumjuggler at cryptarchy.org
Sat Aug 19 15:58:36 EDT 2000

On 19 Aug 2000 02:17:18 GMT, aahz at netcom.com (Aahz Maruch) wrote:

>In article <LNBBLJKPBEHFEDALKOLCGEKGHAAA.tim_one at email.msn.com>,
>Tim Peters <tim_one at email.msn.com> wrote:
>>[searcher7 at my-deja.com]
>>>
>>> Then can you tell me what is the best book for non-programmers that
>>> you've ever seen? :-)
>>
>>"Alice in Wonderland".  It's a delight!  And it has more to teach about
>>programming than you'll realize until you've been programming for, oh,
>>about five years <wink>.
>
>Yeah, especially when you re-read Humpty Dumpty's speech about names
>about the same time you start using pointers....

That's actually in "Through the Looking Glass", and I think you mean the
White Knight.  (He's the one referring to what the name of the song is
called, what the name of the song is, what the song is called, and what the
song is.)

--
Barnabas T. Rumjuggler's page of dumbth: members.home.net/rumjuggler

Hell's boiling over / And Heaven is full / We're chained to the world / And
we've all got to pull.
 -- Tom Waits, "Dirt in the Ground"