Newbie: a couple of questions

Javier Bezos see.below at no.spam.es
Sat Aug 26 11:34:43 EDT 2000

Hi all,

I've just began to use MacPython (on the Mac obviously) because I'm
somewhat unsatisfied with MacTcl, which will be no longer supported
for the classic MacOS. While I love Tcl as language, I think Python
is pretty nice, the bundled libraries eases programming a lot, and
the environment makes things simpler. There is access to the Mac
Toolbox, standalone applications can be created, and it seem more
reliable, too.

My questions are:

1) Standalone application are very large because they include
PythonCore. Four little scripts as applications takes a lot of
memory (> 4 M); can these scripts be distributed
as applets so that they can work only with PythonCore and
perhaps a few other extensions. If so, is distributing the
PythonCore extension alone legal?

2) Which is the official logo of Python?

I'm using MacPython 1.5.2c1.

Thanks a lot for the answers.
Javier Bezos              | TeX y tipografia
jbezos at wanadoo dot es  | perso.wanadoo.es/jbezos/main.html
CervanTeX     http://apolo.us.es/CervanTeX/CervanTeX.html