Python advocacy for device testing?

redhouse at my-deja.com redhouse at my-deja.com
Thu Aug 17 15:47:17 EDT 2000

So I am a python newbie. I have done a week or two of working through
exercises and read most of "Learning Python." I am trying to sell it as
a testing infrastructure language in my test automation group. Does
anybody have any experience in this arena? The goal is to create a
testing infrastructure for an optical networking product.

The prime competition is TCL, of which I am not a big fan.

Has anybody out there used python in this sort of application? Have you
used it to interface with network testing equipment to do things like
load testing and impairment?

Thanks-

   Carter

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/