Python team for ICFP contest?

Cedric Adjih adjih at crepuscule.com
Fri Aug 25 08:24:53 EDT 2000

Sami Hangaslammi <sami.hangaslammi.spam.trap at yomimedia.fi> wrote:

>> "Pete Shinners" <pete at visionart.com> wrote in message
>> news:8o4j6h$f40$1 at la-mail4.digilink.net...
>> is there a python team assembled for the up-and-coming ICFP contest?
>> prizes you ask? money, widsom, and best off all peer recognition.
>> i wouldn't mind seeing a python-powered team go in there
>> and clean things up
>>
>> http://www.cs.cornell.edu/icfp/
>>
>> heh, i'd volunteer myself, but i'm afraid i might not present the
>> strongest showing
>>

> If such a team will be assembled, I'm definately interested.
> --
> Sami Hangaslammi

I'm interested too. Even if there were several Python teams,
friendly ideas, designs sharing and code testing will be very
helpful. Last year, try to find a way to solve the problem
(good heuristics) was the difficult part...

We probably need:
- a way for interactive communication (IRC, ICQ ?).
- a way to exchange code et design documents (mailing list,
ftp, www server ?).
- if it is necessary to go for speed, a way to distribute
  C/C++ modules linked in a specific python executable.

I'll be behind a modem Saturday&Sunday, so I can't be a good
coordinator for this, but I dare to propose for now:
IRC: server=irc.linpeople.org [port=6667] channel=#icfp (or #python)

-- Cedric
(Entry at ICFP'98: http://starship.python.net/crew/adjih/pousse/)