ANN: Python support for RedHat's SourceNavigator

Thomas Heller thomas.heller at ion-tof.com
Tue Aug 8 12:10:54 EDT 2000

I wrote a patch for RedHat's SourceNavigator IDE [*] to fully support python
with syntax highlighting as well as parsing python source for
classes, methods, functions, global variables.
Cross-referencing information is not generated, if anyone has
some tips how this could be done, I would appreciate to hear
them.

The patch is available at
ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/sourcenav/patches/0006-heller-000804-patch
or at the mirror sites (see http://sources.redhat.com/mirrors.html).

About SourceNavigator:
> Source-Navigator is a source code analysis tool.
> With it, you can edit your source code, display relationships
> between classes and functions and members, and display call trees.
> You can also build your projects, either with your own makefile,
> or by using Source-Navigator's build system to automatically generate a
makefile.

http://sources.redhat.com/sourcenav/

Note that SourceNavigator also runs on NT, so this
is not only for the UNIX weenies.

Thomas Heller