1.6b1 joys & sorrows (was Re: Python 1.6b1 is released!)

Moshe Zadka moshez at math.huji.ac.il
Mon Aug 7 01:55:45 EDT 2000

On Sun, 6 Aug 2000, Alex Martelli wrote:

> Not quite like that, on Windows, but test_winreg.py tries to
> import winreg -- a module that doesn't exist.  Just changing
> that to import _winreg (the name which actually does exist)
> fixes things, and again I've posted that to sourceforge, but
> that too looked as if regression tests just hadn't been run
> on Windows on the 1.6b1 release, just like the test_math.py
> case.  Good to know that this definite impression was wrong,
> but I do still wonder how those tests did manage to run as
> released.  Oh well.

The winreg riddle is easy: the regression test does not complain if a
module can't be imported: otherwise, test_winreg.py would break unices.
So, the complain is not strong enough. I think I have a way to fix it,
but it will take some time.

--
Moshe Zadka <moshez at math.huji.ac.il>
There is no IGLU cabal.