distutils for simple extension-building withPython 1.6b1

Alex Martelli alex at magenta.com
Mon Aug 28 07:30:55 EDT 2000

"Thomas Heller" <thomas.heller at ion-tof.com> wrote in message
news:007601c010c9$c534d9e0$4500a8c0 at thomasnb...
> [...]
> > so the .pyd file is built, and you just have to move it where it's
> > needed (I assume the process will be similarly simple on other
> > platforms).
> >
> You can do this with 'setup.py install' (or use the .pth mechanism,
> or extent PYTHONPATH, ...)

Yep, there are many ways, depending on what stage of development
one is on -- as I'm "building a simple extension", I'll probably
not want to install it yet (until it's tested and debugged:-), so
the install verb to setup.py may not be best (at this stage).

Alex