tkFileDialog.... help

Dan Kuchler kuchler at ajubasolutions.com
Thu Aug 24 10:36:50 EDT 2000

yanivk at my-deja.com wrote:

> In article <GC3p5.199050$8u4.2014910 at news1.rdc1.bc.home.com>,
>   "Kevin Cazabon" <kcazabon at home.com> wrote:
> > I'm trying to use Fred's handy tkFileDialog.askloadfilename(), and was
> > wondering:
> >
> > -is there any way to allow it to return multiple file names at the same time
> > (i.e. allow the user to select multiple files) when opening/loading?
> >
> > If not, anyone have a handy hack for it?  q:]
> >
> > Thanks for any input...

You could take a look at tk_chooseDirectory from Tk.  I am
not sure if this has made its way into py/tk, but it is available
in tcl/tk, so you could look at how it is implemented and it might
give you an idea of how to implement it.

The manual page for it is available in the tk section at:

http://dev.scriptics.com/man/

--Dan