Module to print to lpd?

David Boddie davidb at mcs.st-and.ac.uk
Wed Aug 30 11:35:04 EDT 2000

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Grant Edwards wrote:

> Does anybody have any Python code to print to a bsd lpd daemon?
>
> You know -- open a TCP connection to hostname:515 and send the right stuff
> to get something printed?
>
> I'm trying to figure out how to print a Postscript file under Windows, and
> have just about decided I'm going to have to write somethign.

I hacked up a script quite recently to mimic lpr, so this might be what
you want, although it's not in the form of a module. Feel free to modify it
to get it to do what you want.

I've put it at

http://www-solar.mcs.st-and.ac.uk/~davidb/Software/Python/lptools/

along with a script which behaves like lpq.

Have fun,
--
David Boddie
Solar MHD Theory Group, St Andrews