Python equivalent of C++'s virtual destructors?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Tue Aug 1 14:44:14 EDT 2000

Alex Martelli wrote:

> I believe this restriction is meant to apply to 99+% of the cases, the
> odd-case out being exactly this one: a derived class's __del__ needing
> to call the parents'.

Thanks.  I had a feeling that that was the right thing to do, but it
wasn't clear to me.

Actually, I sort of like having all calls to __init__ or __del__ for
base classes be explicit.  It eliminates any question of what's going
on.

/  \ A man can stand a lot as long as he can stand himself.
\__/ Axel Munthe
    Fat Boy and Little Man / http://www.fatboyandlittleman.com/
 Watch Fat Boy and Little Man go about their antics.