why isn't python more popular?

sp00fd sp00fdNOspSPAM at yahoo.com.invalid
Mon Aug 14 08:34:51 EDT 2000

aahz at netcom.com (Aahz Maruch) wrote:
>In article <16359f71.09c6d5fa at usw-ex0104-031.remarq.com>,
>sp00fd  <sp00fdNOspSPAM at yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
>>

>Unless those people have Perl as their *only* programming
language, I
>bet that most of them would find reading *other* people's Python
>programs easier to read than other people's Perl programs,
after only
>one day of training in Python.
>--

Actually, they really don't even have perl ;).  But, we're Unix
SA's and they have a little C experience, so with perl's
similarity to C being what it is.....also, most of them wouldn't
want to take the time to figure it out anyway (but that's
another story ;))

Got questions?  Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com