Creating new Python types in C

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Sun Aug 13 15:11:52 EDT 2000

> Oh, puhleeze! The documents you reference just cover the tip of the iceberg.
> The rest is submerged in a frozen sea ;) Just look at
> http://www.python.org/doc/current/api/mapping-structs.html for example. I
> have found it impossible to do anything interesting without crawling through
> the Python source code.

While of course you are correct, _Python Essential Reference_ has the
most complete discussion of the extension mechanism I have found so
far. Even so, you do learn a trick or two from the source code itself,
of course. Thank goodness that the Python core objects (lists, et al)
are implemented so readibly.

C//