again re 1.6b1 on Windows

Tom nospam at nospam.com
Sun Aug 6 17:21:03 EDT 2000

I built the 1.6b1 sources for windows to, with the same results.  No point
in everyone who wants to try b1 on windows going through the same thing
(particularly as VC isn't free), so I put the results on the web with a
brief explanation.

http://www.malcolmson.com/python/

I should note, though, that I was too lazy to build the (optional) _tkinter,
bsddb, pyexpat, zlib modules - the ones that require other packages.

As for setup, I did the following with the files I built:
- the .exe files I stuck in ...Python16.
- the .dll goes in your system folder (eg. WinNT/System32).
- the .pyd files (c modules) I stuck in ...Python16\DLLs.

And the registry stuff is optional I believe.

Does this help?

Tom.

news:8mk8um01tvk at news1.newsguy.com...