reducing fractions

dannyboy at here.com dannyboy at here.com
Mon Aug 21 10:59:27 EDT 2000

On Mon, 21 Aug 2000 03:22:10 GMT, "CP" <wsteiner at apci.net> wrote:

>First of all, I am a 15-year old who enjoys math and hoped to find some
>interesting articles on math.

>Plus, on most P.C.'s with
>MS Windows there is a program called Character Map
>(file://c:/Windows/Charmap.exe).

Thanks for the agreement.  It's common sense really.  You might note
that charmap.exe is not available in windows 98 (not in mine at
least.)  There are other third party programs that facilitate that.
Also, when available, only a very few fractional forms are available.
You can not cover all possibilities.  So the conventions applied here
in ASCII (plain text) are the only ones suitable for common use.

You could do us all a favour and use your young mind and skills to
develop a more suitable medium.

Good luck in your studies, and don't forget to apply here if you have
any problems.  I'll be gone for a while as I change ISPs, but will
look back in again later.

Dan.

submissions: post to k12.ed.math or e-mail to k12math at sd28.bc.ca
private e-mail to the k12.ed.math moderator: kem-moderator at thinkspot.net