Programming Python edition

Stijn van Dongen Stijn.van.Dongen at cwi.nl
Wed Aug 30 18:15:10 EDT 2000

         Hi,

   I am looking for a good reference book on Python, and from what I
   saw at the bookstore `Programming Python' by Mark Lutz seems the
   best choice. The only thing is, it was written in 1996.

     Is a new edition due?
     Is the 1996 edition still just fine?
     Are there other books I should consider?
  (being a reasonably experienced programmer detesting the `Dummies',
  `unleashed', `10 days' etc kind of book).

Stijn

--
 Stijn van Dongen
 Centre for Mathematics and Computing Science (CWI)