python interfacing to interbase

Greg Landrum glandrum at my-deja.com
Tue Aug 29 10:23:04 EDT 2000

In article <39ABA4B4.3EBDFC68 at proceryon.at>,
  Stephan Herschel <stephan at proceryon.at> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Has anybody tried talking to an interbase database from python? I know
> there exist 2 interfaces, one at
> http://www.zope.org/Members/RETierney/gvibDA and one at
> http://thor.prohosting.com/~alexan/pub/Kinterbasdb/Kinterbasdb-
0.2.tar.gz.
> Which interface should one choose? Are there still other interfaces?

I've been using the gvib adaptor in combination with Interbase 6.0 for
the last week or so and have been fairly pleased with it.  My needs
are fairly simple, so I can't provide an extensive review, but I have
yet to have a problem.

As far as I could tell when I was looking for an adaptor, Kinterbasedb
did not yet have support for Interbase 6, so I haven't tried it.

Those are the only two I was able to find after a bit of surfing.

If you are interested (and haven't used the python db-API before), I
have a little "tutorial" I wrote as I was figuring out how to use the
adaptor that I'd be happy to send along.

-greg

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.