A very, very newbie question :)

Grant Edwards ge at nowhere.none
Wed Aug 23 15:34:19 EDT 2000

In article <20000823093712.B1361 at freei.com>, Sean Blakey wrote:

>4) Get a better text editor.  Notepad works for writing python code, but
>   there are better tools out there.

Definitely.

>    d) Emacs, another Unix-derived editor, has also been ported to
>    win32.  Again, this editor will probably not have much appeal to you
>    if you are not a Unix junkie.  Steep learning curve, more features
>    than you will ever use.  The win32 port is at
>    http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/voelker/ntemacs.html

Not that somebody using Notepad is likely to fall into the
category, but for people who want a light-weight editor with an
emacs feel, try jed (Unix and win32 versions available).  Its
python mode could use some enhancements, but it's good enough
that I haven't bothered to work on it.

                space.mit.edu/~davis/jed
--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Edwin Meese made me
                                  at               wear CORDOVANS!!