OpenSSL & Python installed (Half of the battle)

kenzy at my-deja.com kenzy at my-deja.com
Wed Aug 30 14:53:44 EDT 2000

I believe I have the latest of OpenSSL and Python installed correctly... (is
there a way to test if from Python?) now for the easy part... programming the
code to read the contents of a secure page.  I have looked for man pages for
OpenSSL and didn't have success finding any...

here's what I tried:

#!/usr/local/bin/python
import urllib, urlparse, string, time

def get_temp1():
	url =  'https://ime.tumbleweed.com/ime?x=4-271878-322764-AR5O2J2B'
	data = urllib.urlopen(url).read()
	print data

get_temp1 ()

I should be able to get the secure page from reading it normally right?  I'm
sure there is some trick to this.  Thanks in advanced for any help.

Ken

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.