import behaviour on Mac and Unix

Igor V. Rafienko igorr at ifi.uio.no
Fri Aug 11 09:01:48 EDT 2000

* Mark Jackson

[snip]

| > However, on Mac, the *exactly* same file (except perhaps for
| > tranformation of Unix style newlines into Mac style newlines)
|
| Hold that parenthetical thought.

uh-oh...

[snip]

| Are you *sure* the line termination is right on the Mac? The
| behavior you report would result if the Mac version of Python were
| seeing bar.py as one long line (which starts with "#". . .).

No, I'm not sure. I thought that interpreter/compiler would have fixed
it automagically. Apparently it did not.

Thank you for the suggestions, I'll run tr on the module, before
sending it to Mac.

ivr
--
"This 'love' intrigues me -- teach me to fake it"
	-- Dr. Zoidberg from "Why must I be a Crustacean in love?"