Specifying a proxy server to be used for httplib???

aj10 at my-deja.com aj10 at my-deja.com
Tue Aug 1 02:12:08 EDT 2000

The Internet in our office can only be accessed through a proxy server.
I wanted to write a utility in Python that uses the httplib module to
automate some routine searches. But I am stuck since there does not
seem to be a way to access the Internet thru' the proxy.

I am sure there is a very small thing which I am missing. Could someone
please advise on how to channel the request thru' proxy and automate
authentication?

Thanks in advance
Amit

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/