scripting language newbie - compatibility

Amit Patel amitp at Xenon.Stanford.EDU
Fri Aug 18 15:45:14 EDT 2000

 Paul Duffin  <pduffin at hursley.ibm.com> wrote:

| You are correct that the problem is probably 'marketing' I have not seen
| many mentions of asyncore.py but have seen a lot of examples of how
| to use the lower level socket calls.

The examples we have to work with in the standard library (ftplib,
httplib, urllib, etc.) aren't using asyncore either.  :-(  So when
people look at these libraries to see "how things are done", they
learn that they should use sockets, not asyncore.

	 - Amit
Amit J Patel, Computer Science Department, Stanford University
http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~amitp/