postgreSQL and Python

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at vex.net
Fri Aug 25 08:26:46 EDT 2000

Martijn Faassen <m.faassen at vet.uu.nl> wrote:
>> I am trying to install the PyGres95 module so I can access my postgreSQL
>> database, and either I don't understand the install instructions, or
>> I don't have a good grasp of Python's file structure.

> [snip]

> Are you sure PyGres95 is the right module? PostgresSQL used to be called
> Postgres95 way back, so perhaps this module is for an earlier version of
> Postgres? There appear to be (parnassus being my friend) *three* modules
> out there for the current version of PostgresSQL:

> http://druid.net/pygresql/

And this one is the direct descendant of Pygres95.  Note that while the
URL works, http://www.druid.net/pygresql/ is the one guaranteed to work
if I change things around on my network.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at vex.net>           |  Democracy is three wolves
http://www.vex.net/                        |  and a sheep voting on