NumPy vs. iterative vs. ???

Tim Lavoie tim.lavoie at mts.net
Thu Aug 31 01:13:10 EDT 2000

In article <slrn8qr98p.5t7.hzhu at rocket.knowledgetrack.com>, Huaiyu Zhu wrote:

>I played with your interesting code.  It could be speeded up by approx
>factor of 2.  On my machine, it takes 2.8 (real) seconds to finish one
>calculation and 0.3 second to draw.  Calculating and drawing 12 images takes
>38 seconds, using a total of 19MB memory.  Neither time nor memory would be
>a problem on today's machines.

Thanks, I'll have a look. The memory hit seemed to come from using the
view() code, and in any case wasn't my main plan for real use. The rest of
your changes are useful too for cleanup, as what I'd posted is just one-off
prototyping. Since I have little Python experience though, style pointers
are a Good Thing.

  Cheers,
  Tim