Unanswered Questions in python.faqts.com

Fiona Czuczman fiona at sitegnome.com
Mon Aug 21 20:07:32 EDT 2000

Hi Guys,

Today I went through the faqts python knowledge base and found 13
unanswered questions.  Considering there are 751 answers and 824
questions (some answers have more than 1 question associated with them)
that's not too bad, but it's still not ideal.  My aim is to maintain a
useful resource!

Some of these questions may have come up in the newsgroup recently and
I've missed them :-(

If anyone can shed some light on the below questions that would be
great.

thanks,

Fiona

FAQTS : Computers : Programming : Languages : Python : Common Problems
Can I run a script in an already running interpreter to hook a gui to a
server process?
http://www.faqts.com/knowledge-base/view.phtml/aid/4761/fid/245/lang/en

FAQTS : Computers : Programming : Languages : Python : Common Problems :
Web Programming
What advantages does PyApache give over simple Python scripting?
http://www.faqts.com/knowledge-base/view.phtml/aid/1666/fid/246/lang/

FAQTS : Computers : Programming : Languages : Python : Installation and
Configuration
When I start Python 1.5.2, I get the error: Built-in exception class not
found: EnvironmentError. Library mismatch?" Any ideas on solving this?
http://www.faqts.com/knowledge-base/view.phtml/aid/5294/fid/238/lang/

FAQTS : Computers : Programming : Languages : Python : Language and
Syntax
How should a sortable sequence be implemented?
http://www.faqts.com/knowledge-base/view.phtml/aid/5367/fid/241/lang/

FAQTS : Computers : Programming : Languages : Python : Modules
Where can I find informations about the Gnuplot module?
http://www.faqts.com/knowledge-base/view.phtml/aid/4025/fid/235/lang/

Is there an IPC-modul in Python ?
http://www.faqts.com/knowledge-base/view.phtml/aid/4965/fid/235/lang/

FAQTS : Computers : Programming : Languages : Python : Modules : urllib
How do I format my request to get an url/socket when there is a proxy in
the middle and Proxy Authentication is required ?
http://www.faqts.com/knowledge-base/view.phtml/aid/4182/fid/306/lang/

FAQTS : Computers : Programming : Languages : Python : Platforms :
Windows
Return parameters and win32com
http://www.faqts.com/knowledge-base/view.phtml/aid/5291/fid/244/lang/

How do I perform an os.popen() on NT?
http://www.faqts.com/knowledge-base/view.phtml/aid/5396/fid/244/lang/

FAQTS : Computers : Programming : Languages : Python : Tkinter
Can I make something like jtable with tkinter?
http://www.faqts.com/knowledge-base/view.phtml/aid/4019/fid/264/lang/

The Windows distribution is set up to work with Tcl/Tk version 8.0 dlls.
How do I reconfigure it to work with a later version of Tcl/Tk?
http://www.faqts.com/knowledge-base/view.phtml/aid/5149/fid/264/lang/

>From within a function, is there a way to determine what the parent of a
calling widget is?
http://www.faqts.com/knowledge-base/view.phtml/aid/5320/fid/264/lang/

how to make a splash screen before app.mainloop()
http://www.faqts.com/knowledge-base/view.phtml/aid/5432/fid/264/lang/