JPython question, me too (Swing)

prm vtbl.moorepe at memo.volvo.se
Thu Aug 31 08:47:50 EDT 2000

Sorry I can't be of help Stuart, but I also have problem getting my
first example to work on a Mac.

The code (snipped) is -
class GUI:
	def __init__(self):
		self.frame = swing.JFrame(windowClosing=self.do_quit)  # Line 69, in error
	def do_quit(self, event=None):
		import sys
		sys.exit(0)

The error is -
  File "swingex1.py", line 69, in __init__
TypeError: can't set arbitrary attribute in java instance: windowClosing

Hope someone can help, perhaps the issues are related.
When I tried changing the assignment to look like self.doquit(), I had a
very short run time! So I learnt something there.

Hope someone can shed some light,
Peter Moore