some comments for Python 3000

Arthur Siegel ajs at ix.netcom.com
Sat Aug 12 10:58:25 EDT 2000

>I think Python is already quite good at that (win32all for MS,
>JPython for Java, CPython for Linux). But, of course, >improvements  can
(and will) be made here.

Comments I will take as an opportrunity to ask after the
realities surrounding JPython's development.

Sourceforge now hosts two sites - one with a familiar
and impressive list of developers (affiliated with PythonLabs) and 0
activity, and that of Finn Bock - who is quietly incorporating fixes, adding
compatibility features, answering users questions and generally keeping
JPython alive.

Shouldn't the community be discussing the situation and its
implications?