help needed - I cant get win32all working

dave_k3652 at my-deja.com dave_k3652 at my-deja.com
Mon Aug 21 06:43:19 EDT 2000

I have just installed Python 1.5.2 on a new PC
and it seems to work fine, but when I install
win32all (both builds 132 & 129 with patches)I
get the following problems:

1) The interactive window comes up blank - no
startup message, no command prompt, nothing.  I
can type text in, but thats all.

2) When I try to create a new file it gives me
the 'grep' dialog box.  Similarly when I try to
open a file the dialog box has the 'grep'
extensions as the default.

3) when I try to open a file for editing (either
with the dialog box or through drag and drop) it
just says 'Failed to open document'.

Has anyone else come across this problem, and if
so do they have a fix?

I am running NT 4 (sp 4) on a dual processor
machine (pentium IIIs) with 512Mb of RAM. I
suspect that the dual processors may have
something to do with it, but cant be sure.

Any help would be appreciated.

    Dave K

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.