why isn't python more popular?

sp00fd sp00fdNOspSPAM at yahoo.com.invalid
Sat Aug 12 16:02:42 EDT 2000

I'm curious, it seems to me that _A LOT_ of people recognize
python as a well done, practical language.  I occassionally
browse the scheme or perl or java newsgroups (etc..) and I often
see python mentioned as being a great language, so why don't I
see more companies using python.  While I realize that some do
(i.e. Industrial Light and Magic, etc), it's not nearly to the
point that perl is used.  Heck, even Tchrist has good(great?)
things to say about python.

Is it that white space counts?  That's really the only gripe
that I see.

Got questions?  Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com