gratuitous new features in 2.0

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Sat Aug 26 09:06:40 EDT 2000

Aahz Maruch <aahz at netcom.com> wrote:
[snip the interactive prompt prints everything automatically already]
> Yes, but as soon as a person wants to write a "real" program, zie needs
> to use print.  I think the interactive interpreter should be taught with
> that in mind.

As soon as a person wants to write a 'real' program, e needs to know
about function calls, anyway. It is not hard to explain that functions
can take the results of expressions (easily demonstrated with
interactive mode), possibly more than one, through argument lists.
print() is one of those functions, and basically does just what
interactive mode does; show the results of expressions.

Regards,

Martijn