PYTHONHOME problems on AIX

Ben bcollar at bigfoot.com
Sat Aug 26 18:48:27 EDT 2000

Hi,

I've got python1.5 installed on an AIX 4.2.1 box, but I'm having some
config problems.  I have PYTHONPATH set to /usr/local/lib/python1.5.
When I type in python, it tells me:

Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]

Now, I don't find PYTHONHOME in the two references I have; what is this
variable?  I tried setting it to $PYTHONPATH:plat-aix4 and
$PYTHONPATH/plat-aix4, but neither works.  What is it looking for here?

Thanks
Ben

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.