converting an html table to a tree

Ian Lipsky NOSPAM at pacificnet.net
Thu Aug 24 01:28:57 EDT 2000

hi all,

I'm completely new to python...just started reading learning python. I've
got 5 days to figure out how to write a script to take an html table and
convert it to a tree....basically a nested array (that's my guess on how it
would be done anyhow). Oh yeah...and I also have to drive 3000 miles in
those 5 days ;)p

I was hoping someone could give me a push in the right direction. What
functions or whatever should I look at to get this done? I saw that in the
book it mentions pythons ability to grab html and parse it, as one if the
pluses of the language ('internet utility modules' is what the book called
it/them).

And I just found I don't have to actually go out and grab the page off a
webserver. It'll be a file residing on the machine where the script will be
run. I assume that'll make it a little easier for me :)

appreciate any help anyone can provide

if replying via email, replace NOSPAM with merk.