Looking for Python programmers--where to search?

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Tue Aug 15 00:18:25 EDT 2000

> My company does web applications in Python, and we're growing like nuts.
> Despite (or because of) being in the SF Bay Area, we're having a hard
> time finding Python coders.

Your mistake is trying to find Python coders. That's not the
least bit necessary.

I tought one of my coworkers all the critical parts of Python
she needed to know in one hour on her white board. I left all
my notes there. That, combined with the extensive .html
documentation was all she needed.

This is not an unusual situation. I could train OUR ENTIRE
STAFF to use Python in exactly one class. No kidding. No
exaggeration.

Any competent programmer can learn Python in mere moments.

It's just so damn easy. Just order a half dozen copies of
_Python Essential Reference_, have your new guys bookmark
http://www.python.org, and you're set.

C//