Book

Don Tuttle tuttledon at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 7 20:29:59 EDT 2000

"Steve"
> What do you think of it?

Just started it but have one small complaint.  After installing the XML
software, the "testsax.py" fails.  The author says if this happens to check
his web site ( www.pyxie.org) for information on how to correct it. Fine,
except he hasn't posted anything! Oh well, maybe later.

He's a strong advocate for Python.  I've taken the quote below from
http://www.digitome.com/sean.htm

                                My favourite programming language

"I have been developing software for more years than my daughters care to
remember! During that time I have dipped into many languages and many
paradigms.

If there is one thing I am pretty sure of as a result of my experiences is
that there is no such thing as the perfect paradigm and no such thing as the
perfect programming language.

Having said all that, The Python programming language comes close:-).

If you are strung out on C++, jittery about Java, perplexed with Perl or
lobotomized by Lisp try Python! Let me know what you think."

    Sean McGrath