[Python-Dev] Still no new license -- but draft text available

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Sun Aug 6 13:19:11 EDT 2000

[Tim]
> if I grab a GPL'ed program that entity X holds copyright on,
> then X is free to change the license to anything at all upon
> any future TP> release.

[Piet van Oostrum]
> That is true for every license.

Of course, and so in particular it's true of the GPL.  In context, this was
in explanation of why I believe it's more effective to assign copyright to
the FSF if you're going to use the GPL.  Go all the way.  Else it's just
another license.

starting-to-feel-like-usenet-again<0.5-wink>-ly y'rs  - tim