1st prog language ==> Web client / server Python on Windows - options

Desmond DSouza
Tue Aug 8 18:55:20 EDT 2000

Thanks for all the great suggestions about. I'm convinced it's a great way
to both get started with, and to continue programming for quite a while.

I just want to make sure both client-side and server-side (ASP-style)
programming works. All this is purely for learning purposes; I understand
the deployment problems with client-side Python.

I installed Python 1.5.2 on Windows 98, and installed Microsoft's PWS web
server (in that order; could that be a problem?). I can get a simple
VBScript ASP page going; but tried to put some Python on the page, with <%@
LANGUAGE=Python %> and got "Unknown Scripting Language".

Questions:
- Do I need to install additional extensions? I thought 1.5.2 included all
that was needed.
- Where can I read a bit more about using Python with ASP pages?
- Anything else needed for client and server side Python on Win98?

Thanks.