[Python Programming on Win32] Problems with ServiceManager

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Thu Aug 10 12:56:04 EDT 2000

Chris.Schaller at web.de (Chris Schaller) writes:

> If I take a look at the event log, there's only a warning saying
>
> '''The description for Event ID ( 4098 ) in Source ( PythonService ) could not
> be found. It contains the following insertion string(s):
> SmallestPythonService, .'''
>
> What did I foret to get a reasonable output on the event log?

Depends by what you mean as "reasonable" - unless you go the route of
building a message table and storing it in a DLL then registering that
DLL as a message source, all of the event log messages are going to be
of this form.  This sort of "shortcut" is often used since it's much
simpler, but it has the baggage of the message about not being able to
decode it.

What actual message did you place in your LogMsg call?  It should have
shown up as part of the "insertion" string (which is where the actual
message is placed in the log).

--
-- David