dont laugh

Will Ware wware at world.std.com
Thu Aug 31 11:50:05 EDT 2000

Jason Cunliffe (jasonic at nomadicsltd.com) wrote:
> ...I would love a Python video from the masters at work and play...

This is a great idea, but I'm not sure a video is quite the right
medium. I think the best thing would be something more like a
Shockwave animation, with controls to pause and back up, and navigate
in general. I don't know if Shockwave would allow a tree structure,
for instance, I might want to branch off and delve into the depths
of dictionaries or namespaces or some such.

Maybe the whole thing could be done in Tkinter? But I don't know how
you'd get a soundtrack in that case. You'd want to come up with some
really easy-to-use authoring system (since the time of Python masters
is quite valuable). If such a thing were done, it would have vast
educational potential far beyond elucidating the Python language.
--
# Resistance is futile. Capacitance is efficacious.