Still no new license -- but draft text available

Grant Griffin g2 at seebelow.org
Sun Aug 13 14:38:32 EDT 2000

Aahz Maruch wrote:

> In article <39952C37.6334 at seebelow.org>,
> Grant Griffin  <g2 at seebelow.org> wrote:
> >
> >In fact, I once worked for a certain Big Corporation which had a policy
> >of outlawing use of ALL free software, even for development purposes,
> >because they had gotten burned on a "trojan horse" license that was
> >invoked when an employee used free (of cost) software.  No kidding!
>
> Of course, one can get such a trojan horse license with commercial
> software, but you already knew that.  ;-)

Yup.  It kindda surprised me that the lawyers didn't figure that out.
But if there's any logic in their position (which is doubtful), it might
be that people who _sell_ software have no other motive to provide it to
users than the sale itself.

lawyers-are-on-the-corporate-payroll-to-say-"no",-not-to-make
   -intelligent-business-tradeoffs-ly y'rs,

=g2

Grant R. Griffin                                       g2 at dspguru.com
Iowegian International Corporation	      http://www.iowegian.com