TKInter system requirements

John Grayson johngrayson at home.com
Wed Aug 30 19:06:13 EDT 2000

In article <slrn8qqs9v.6ct.tdixon at the-dixons.net>,
  tdixon.no at spam.the-dixons.net wrote:

> Is is possible to run a Python program that uses TKInter in DOS (or
Win
> 3.1)?  I have a project which would be well suited to Python and
TKInter but
> which will (probably) have Windows 3.1 compatiblity as a requirement
(not
> that the customer actually HAS any Windows 3.1 machines, mind you,
but if
> they should deploy any... seriously!  I'm still arguing but getting an
> intelligent response out of these people doesn't seem likely.  I may
turn
> the project down -- I'm still putting together the proposal)
>
> --
>
> Tim Dixon   tdixon at the-dixons.net http://www.the-dixons.net

Been there, seen that, got the T-shirt...

Forget DOS, and your only path, I believe, would be to run 3.1 on
DOS 6.2 with win32.dll (if you can still find it). Then, you might
be able to use Tcl 7.4 with Tk 4.0. Then you'd need an ancient
Python (Tkinter.py and Modules/(_)tkinter.c)...

Now, what's it like in the DeLorean and how is it working
with Doc Emmett L. Brown?

   John Grayson

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.