[What the...!!!] Re: Advice - Learning Python as 1st Programming Language

Bernhard Herzog herzog at online.de
Tue Aug 8 12:06:30 EDT 2000

Bill Scherer <Bill.Scherer at VerizonWireless.com> writes:

> bill.scherer at verizonwireless.com wrote:
>
> No, I did not write this. I don't know what's going on here. I hope
> it's just a screw up by Mailman. Can someone figure this out from the
> headers of the original post? I've copied them below:

It's your mail/news reader or perhaps fetchmail or some other MTA:

>             From:
>                  <bill.scherer at verizonwireless.com>
>         Comments:
>                  Original 'From' not compliant with RFC 822, stripped

It apparently removed the original From: header and inserted your adress
instead. The original was:

From: "Desmond DSouza" <<first>-<last>@austin.rr.com>

The problem is probably the use of < and > in the email address.

--
Bernhard Herzog   | Sketch, a drawing program for Unix
herzog at online.de  | http://sketch.sourceforge.net/