tkFileDialog.... help

Dan Kuchler kuchler at ajubasolutions.com
Fri Aug 25 12:02:55 EDT 2000

Kevin Cazabon wrote:

> "Dan Kuchler" <kuchler at ajubasolutions.com> wrote in message
> news:39A611D3.799F62C0 at ajubasolutions.com...
>
> | The current Tk sources support multiple selection.
> |
> | The code that makes it work was added to:
> |
> | tk/win/tkWinDialog.c
> |
> | In GetFileNameW there is some code to handle arguments
> | which sets multi to 1 or 0.
>
> Interesting, I'll have to try to get it working.  Unfortunately, all of the
> documentation currently on Scriptics site says that 8.3 supports
> multi-selection, but only on the Macintosh platform.  If this isn't the case
> anymore, great!
>
> However, I'll have to upgrade to Python 1.6 to run Tk 8.4 I believe, and
> that has it's own issues... but it's the best path in the long run.

Perhaps this won't be available (in a bundled release) until Tk8.4a2
comes out in a week or two.

The updated documentation from CVS says:

 -multiple
    Allows  the  user to choose multiple files from the
    Open dialog.  On the Macintosh, this is only avail-
    able when Navigation Services are installed.

--Dan