Tkinter Caps Lock Weirdness

Fredrik Lundh effbot at telia.com
Thu Aug 31 13:48:25 EDT 2000

steve holden wrote:
> I just noticed that Idle (first 0.4, then 0.5 when I realised a
> recent re-install had lost it) stop the indicator for my caps
> lock key working on my IBM Thinkpad running Windows 98.
>
> Further tests indicate this is generally true of Tkinter-based
> programs.
>
> Is this a know feature?  It doesn't actually stop anything working,
> but I mistrust such weirdnesses.

it's a known bug in Tk 8.2.X.  it's supposed to be fixed in 8.3
(unfortunately, 8.3 seems to be a bit unstable under Tkinter,
at least on my old win95 box...)

also see:
http://sourceforge.net/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=110671&group_id=5470

</F>

<!-- daily news from the python universe:
http://www.pythonware.com/daily/index.htm
-->